This innovative project aims to harness the benefits of distributed propulsion to enhance aircraft performance.
🌱 EcoPulse, based on a modified Daher-Socata TBM 900 turboprop aircraft, features six wing-mounted propellers, each driven by a 45 kW Safran ENGINeUS electric motor powered by batteries or a 100 kW auxiliary power unit.
➡️ Key objectives of the EcoPulse project include designing a distributed propulsion aircraft, flight testing a new high-voltage battery configuration, improving simulation models for alternative propulsion, and evaluating aerodynamic gains for reduced wing surface area and vortices.
Source: Actualidad Aeroespacial.
- USAF bets for Blended Wing as a future disruptor of aviation
- Boeing and Spirit on track to resolve the Rear Pressure Bulkhead issues
- We connect Firius with PartsBase, the largest marketplace for aviation spare parts.
- How can you contribute to sustainability?
- The Power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Simulation and Model-Based Design!