Amazing picture of this F22 Raptor, showing a structure of “shockwave lines” as it approaches the speed of sound. This is extremely difficult to picture, as you need to shoot perpendicular to the trajectory of something moving really fast.
Although shockwaves are invisible, with the right perspective you can see the effect of refraction due to the steep change in density as the air passes through the shock.
📸 Instagram: @camdenthrasher
- Smart Economy: Reused Parts for a Green Future
- X-66A: the new aircraft ushering in an era of sustainable aviation
- India charges forward in Space Race following Moon landing
- Choosing Surplus parts: Affordable, Sustainable, and Resource-Saving
- Amazon’s satellite constellation to supercharge Vodafone’s 4G/5G