Amazing picture of this F22 Raptor, showing a structure of “shockwave lines” as it approaches the speed of sound. This is extremely difficult to picture, as you need to shoot perpendicular to the trajectory of something moving really fast.
Although shockwaves are invisible, with the right perspective you can see the effect of refraction due to the steep change in density as the air passes through the shock.
📸 Instagram: @camdenthrasher
- See you at JEC Paris 2023!
- Vertical Aerospace breaks records with 1,400 orders for its VX4 eVTOL in a historic year.
- The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, pioneered aviation history worldwide!
- This is Starshield, the satellite constellation SpaceX wants to sell to the military
- The Spanish Air Force Buys Another 16 PC-21s & Associated Simulators