The Wright brothers managed to manufacture a controllable airplane, capable of gliding during a short flight, which took off propelled by means of a catapult, enough to test the turning and control system of the airplane. Although it is affirmed that its first flight was made on December 17, 1903, there are some doubts about it since there is no official certification.
They established the basis for flight control of heavier-than-air aircraft. To do so, the brothers used an aerodynamic tunnel they built to measure the lift of different airfoils at different angles of attack.
- Smart Economy: Reused Parts for a Green Future
- X-66A: the new aircraft ushering in an era of sustainable aviation
- India charges forward in Space Race following Moon landing
- Choosing Surplus parts: Affordable, Sustainable, and Resource-Saving
- Amazon’s satellite constellation to supercharge Vodafone’s 4G/5G